Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.nwroar.org.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders, North Wales Riders’ Group (‘NWRoAR’) takes the protection of your data very seriously.
When you join the Group or renew your membership we collect the following information:
- Email address
- Mobile and landline telephone numbers
- RoSPA Membership number, test date and grade (where applicable)
- A record of your training progress
- Next of kin details
We require this information for the following reasons:
- Administration of the North Wales Riders’ Group
- Communication to members to inform you about Group events, meetings and other items that may be of interest to members
- To facilitate membership renewals
- To expedite medical care in the event of an accident
When undergoing formal tuition with the Group a record of your training progress is maintained by your allocated tutor on a central system. This information will only ever be shared with you, the Group Training Officer or another tutor in the event an Associate is reallocated to another tutor, or in advance of a “check ride”.
Disclosure of Personal Data
As a general rule, NWRoAR does not disclose personal data to third parties except where the member’s consent has been obtained, where we are under an obligation by law to disclose personal data or where we have contracted with third parties to provide services to NWRoAR Group members e.g. for delivery of a membership service.
We do not share your information with third parties other than with RoSPA HQ when required. Notification to RoSPA HQ is necessary for formal approval by HQ and the issue of the tutor certificate.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email the Group Secretary. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
- The data is held on a central membership database which is stored on cloud storage to which only Committee members have access to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the Group. Paper copies of any membership forms are retained by the Treasurer.
- Under no circumstances do we store member’s financial information within this website. Financial transactions are conducted under PayPal’s User Agreement available here [link]
The Group website contains links to external sites. Once you have used these external links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these external websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.